Somebody opened the floodgates for new listings this week. Inventory shot back up to normal levels, with the number of new listings far exceeding the number of homes sold. I’m pretty sure this is biggest week for new listings so far this year — as of the time of this post, there are 55 active listings in San Carlos. That’s good news for buyers, and for the health of the real estate market in general. Here are the details — click on the address for more details and photos.
- 1006 Orange Ave: Sale Price: $1,530,000. Original List Price: $1,499,000. Difference: $31,000 above list. DOM: 15 Days. MLS #782875, listed by Jim Arbeed of Coldwell Banker. Pictured above, this is one of the most asked about listings in San Carlos (second only to 2100 Greenwood) and consequently one of the most closely watched.
- 275 Coronado Ave: Sale Price: $1,525,000. Original List Price: $1,848,000. Difference: $323,000 below list. DOM: 85 Days. MLS #768394, listed by Joan Wachter of Coldwell Banker
- 140 Sunnydale Ave: Sale Price: $890,570. Original List Price: $839,000. Difference: $51,570 above list. DOM: 9 Days. MLS #781701. Sunnydale has been a busy street lately, with side-by-side listings during the same week. This one was listed by the Justine Ford of RE/MAX Today.
- 1365 Geneva Ave: Sale Price: $1,050,000. Original List Price: $998,000. Difference: $52,000 above list. DOM: 19 Days. This home had very good curb appeal, and is in a great location on Geneva. MLS #778498, listed by Tom Hilligoss of Coldwell Banker.
- 948 Sunset Dr: Sale Price: $1,015,000. Original List Price: $1,225,000. Difference: $210,000 below list. DOM: 22 Days. MLS #780933, listed by David Young of Coldwell Banker.
- 148 Colton Ave: Sale Price: $910,000. Original List Price: $998,000. Difference: $88,000 below list. DOM: 38 Days. MLS #776811, listed by Sarah Hillhouse of Coldwell Banker.
- 1627 Saint Francis Way: Sale Price: $920,000. Original List Price: $839,000. Difference: $81,000 above list (10%). I commented in the blog when this property first listed that $839k was a very aggressive price for 2/2 on Saint Francis Way– looks like that turned out to be true. DOM: 9 Days. MLS #786284, listed by David Young of Coldwell Banker.
Super-size me! There are some big homes on big lots that hit the market this week. If you’re looking for a larger than average home in San Carlos, you have a good selection to choose from this week. Check out all these new listings….
- 1322 Central Ave: $1,789,000 — 4BR/3BA. 2,880 sq ft on a 8,000 square foot lot. Pictured above, this is a very spacious home on an unusually large lot for White Oaks. Nice touches throughout this one. MLS #789569, listed by Justine Ford of RE/MAX Today.
- 227 Rockridge Rd: $1,795,000 — 4BR/3BA. 2,630 sq ft on a 14,000 square foot lot. Great views from this home. MLS #789538, listed by Bernadette Casey of Coldwell Banker.
- 295 Hyde Park: $1,578,800 — 5BR/2.5BA. 2,890 sq ft on a 10,018 square foot lot. MLS #801151, listed by Regina Pio Roda of Redfin.
- 1800 Arroyo Ave: $1,525,000 — 4BR/2.5BA. 2,600 sq ft on a 7,749 square foot lot. MLS #801169, listed by David Young of Coldwell Banker.
- 400 Devonshire Blvd: $1,500,000 — 3BR/2.5BA. 2,350 sq ft on a 8,100 square foot lot. There are actually three total parcels as part of this sale, totaling over 19,000 square feet. MLS #801174, listed by Mary Yeargain of RE/MAX Today.
- 232 Exeter Ave: $1,333,000 — 3BR/4+BA. 3,000 sq ft on a 7,400 square foot lot. MLS #800822, listed by Nancy Palmer of Alain Pinel Realtors.
- 3120 Melendy Dr: $1,298,000 — 3BR/3.5BA. 2,910 sq ft on a 8,000 square foot lot. MLS #789784, listed by Paymon Ghafouri of Alain Pinel Realtors.
- 177 Barford Ave: $1,198,000 — 4BR/2BA. 2,470 sq ft on a 7,344 square foot lot. MLS #800747, listed by Paymon Ghafouri of Alain Pinel Realtors.
- 315 De Anza Ave: $969,950 — 3BR/2BA. 1,790 sq ft on a 8,050 square foot lot. MLS #801237, listed by Michelle Dumas of Dumas & Company.
- 2855 Roland Ave: $969,000 — 2BR/2BA. 1,590 sq ft on a 6,710 square foot lot. Corner lot on Roland. MLS #789497, listed by Elizabeth Whitehead of Intero Real Estate Services.
- 2660 San Carlos Ave: $779,000 — 3BR/3BA. 1,240 sq ft on a 7,176 square foot lot. MLS #789619, listed by Bob Hintz of RE/MAX Today.
- 2452 San Carlos Ave: $769,000 — 3BR/1BA. 1,210 sq ft on a 8,320 square foot lot. MLS #801134, listed by David Young of Coldwell Banker.
- 1277 Greenwood Ave: $725,000 — 2BR/1BA. 850 sq ft on a 5,200 square foot lot. MLS #801249, listed by Patricia Peterson of Coldwell Banker.
- 365 Old County Rd: $650,000 — 3BR/1BA. 1,090 sq ft on a 5,000 square foot lot. MLS #800775, listed by Jeffrey DeJesus of RE/MAX Westlake.
- 327 Fairfield Dr: $624,000 — 2BR/1BA. 820 sq ft on a 5,000 square foot lot. OK, so maybe this isn’t a super-size, but lots of expansion possibilities on a 5k square foot lot. MLS #800578, listed by Eric Berggren of Intero Real Estate Services.
While we’re at it, a couple of listings are back on the market for a second (or more) round:
- 142 Oakview Dr: $995,000 — 3BR/2BA. 1,530 sq ft on a 4,000 square foot lot (both stats according to the seller.) MLS #789576, listed by Ulli Sharma of Omni Square Real Estate.
- 45 Maple Way: $929,000 — 3BR/2BA. 1,250 sq ft on a 5,000 square foot lot. Flat lot on a great street in San Carlos, even though it feeds RWC school district — but Clifford is a great school. MLS #800630, listed by Justine Ford of RE/MAX Today.
Welcome to to the White Oaks Blog — the most widely read blog dedicated to the San Carlos real estate market! Have blog updates sent to you automatically by subscribing for free by clicking here. Be sure to follow the White Oaks Blog on Facebook at https://Facebook.com/WhiteOaksBlog , and on Twitter @WhiteOaksBlog.
Don’t miss a single update!