Wow….Everyone waited until the last second to post their listings this week. There was nothing cooking for most of the week and then wham…there was a flood of them on Friday and Saturday. That’s good news — It should make for a great weekend to see open houses in San Carlos (that is, if you’re not at Hometown Days.) If you’re looking for a starter home in White Oaks, you now have Ruby, Emerald and Fairmont just hitting the market. This pushed the inventory in San Carlos up to 66, which is definitely the highest this year.
Also noteworthy this week…every one of the homes that closed escrow this week were at prices below the asking price. Lots of numbers in red below. That’s normal for everywhere else, but certainly not the norm in San Carlos. Is the weight of the economy starting to drag down the San Carlos market? Nope. Wait until the feeding frenzy is over this week from all of these new listings — several of these will not see a second open house, and will sell well above list.
- 298 Loma Rd: (Pictured above.) Sale Price: $1,876,875. Original List Price: $1,998,000. Difference: $121,125 below asking. Loma is a great little street way up on top of the hill above Eaton Park. Many homes on this street have incredible views from San Jose all the way up to San Francisco. DOM: 35 Days. MLS #778507, listed by John Shroyer of RE/MAX Today.
- 523 Hillcrest Rd: Sale Price: $1,025,000. Original List Price: $1,100,000. Difference: $75,000 below asking. DOM: 36 Days. MLS #781773, listed by David Young of Coldwell Banker.
- 24 Winding Way: Sale Price: $827,000. Original List Price: $849,000. Difference: $22,000 below asking. DOM: 40 Days. MLS #781749, listed by Lisa Eccleston of RE/MAX Dolphin.
- 2642 San Carlos Ave: Sale Price: $815,000. Original List Price: $869,000. Difference: $54,000 below asking. DOM: 46 Days. MLS #782329, listed by Jerry McClain of Meridian Creek Properties.
- 174 Madera Ave: (Pictured Above) $1,399,000 — 4BR/3.5BA, 2,057 sq ft on a 6,534 square foot lot. MLS #809320, listed by Greg Damelio of Cashin Company.
- 3140 Melendy Dr: $1,598,000 — 3BR/3BA, 2,150 sq ft on a 9,350 square foot lot. Looks like a nice remodel with some amazing views. MLS #809505, listed by Sam Hui of Alain Pinel Realtors.
- 1030 Elm St: $1,399,000 — 3BR/2BA, 1,960 sq ft on a 6,000 square foot lot. Sound familiar? It should — 909 Elm had almost identical stats, including the price. And why not? If 909 Elm attracted multiple offers at that price, why shouldn’t this? This one looks to be another nice remodel on a great block of Elm Street. Try not to get trampled going to this open house. MLS #809577, listed by Alex Lehr of Lehr Real Estate.
- 212 Fairmont Ave: $1,225,000 — 3BR/2BA, 1,460 sq ft on a 5,600 square foot lot. MLS #809285, listed by Mike and Sandy Rostad of Coldwell Banker.
- 1381 Chestnut St: $1,095,000 — 3BR/2BA, 1,800 sq ft on a 5,390 square foot lot. (You’ll have to use your imagination because there are no property photos on this listing yet.) MLS #808927, listed by Jimmy Pineda of Profile Realty.
- 419 Emerald Ave: $1,049,000 — 3BR/2BA, 1,320 sq ft on a 5,500 square foot lot. MLS #809277, listed by Justine Ford of RE/MAX Today.
- 438 Hillcrest Rd: $998,800 — 3BR/2BA, 1,773 sq ft on a 5,500 square foot lot. MLS #808084, listed by Alex Kononoff of Keller Williams Realty.
- 2111 Brittan Ave: $949,000 — 3BR/2BA, 1,474 sq ft on a 4,625 square foot lot. MLS #809331, listed by Wendy Parker of CONima Inc.
- 885 Buckland Ave: $879,000 — 3BR/2BA, 1,550 sq ft on a 8,100 square foot lot. MLS #808072, listed by Justine Ford of RE/MAX Today.
- 159 Ruby Ave: $885,000 — 3BR/1BA, 1,250 sq ft on a 4,400 square foot lot. Great starter home potential in White Oaks. MLS #809275, listed by Justine Ford of RE/MAX Today.
- 910 Sunset Dr: $851,8000 — 2BR/1BA, 940 sq ft on a 9,750 square foot lot. MLS #808627, listed by Raquel Williams of Blue Point World.
Welcome to to the White Oaks Blog — the most widely read blog dedicated to the San Carlos real estate market! Have blog updates sent to you automatically by subscribing for free by clicking here. Be sure to follow the White Oaks Blog on Facebook at https://Facebook.com/WhiteOaksBlog , and on Twitter @WhiteOaksBlog.
Don’t miss a single update!