(The “San Carlos Week in Review” is a series comprised of an occasional podcast, and a summary of new listings and home sales in San Carlos for the prior week. Between the two, you should get a great idea of what happened last week in San Carlos real estate.)
Going into this weekend, there were 54 single family residences for sale, and 13 homes that are pending sale. That ratio of 4:1 is relatively healthy considering the market conditions, but a 3:1 ratio is a little more ideal. What is interesting is the lack of inventory. 54 is low for the beginning of the selling season, but there will be some new listings hitting the market in the next two weeks that should help boost this number. Note that the average Continuous Days On Market (CDOM) for these 54 homes is 96 days. This means there are some deals to be had for smart buyers.
Here’s the scoop on what homes sold, and what new listings came on the market — click on the addresses for more details and photos:
San Carlos Home Sales
- 166 Oakview Dr: (Pictured Above) Sale Price: $808,000. Original List Price: $819,000. Difference: $11,000 (1.3% ) below original list. DOM: 7 Days under MLS # 80848295. Listed by Joyce and Tatum of Intero Real Estate Services.
- 982 Holly St: Sale Price: $579,000. Original List Price: $569,000. Difference: $10,000 (1.8% ) above original list. DOM: 55 Days under MLS # 80832955. Listed by Roque Fernandes of Coldwell Banker.
San Carlos New Listings
- 774 Knoll Dr: (Pictured Above) $1,450,000 — 4BR/3BA, 2,310 sq ft on a 10,508 square foot lot. MLS# 80903735, listed by Andrea Lynn of Coldwell Banker.
Back on the Market
- 10 Loma Ln: (Pictured Above) $1,398,000 — 4BR/3BA, 2,940 sq ft on a 10,800 square foot lot. Originally went on the market back in August ’08 at the same listing price. MLS# 80903755, listed by Debbie Lorell of Cashin Company.
- 436 Laurel St: $729,000 — 2BR/1.5BA, 1,200 sq ft on a 6,975 square foot lot. Originally went on the market in October ’08 at $829,000. MLS# 80903588, listed by Valerie Hinton of Coldwell Banker.
Welcome to to the White Oaks Blog — the most widely read blog dedicated to the San Carlos real estate market! Have blog updates sent to you automatically by subscribing for free by clicking here. Be sure to follow the White Oaks Blog on Facebook at https://Facebook.com/WhiteOaksBlog , and on Twitter @WhiteOaksBlog.
Don’t miss a single update!