(The “San Carlos Week in Review” is a series is a summary of new listings and home sales in San Carlos for the prior week, and an occasional podcast mixed in to keep things lively. Between the two, you should get a great idea of what happened last week in San Carlos real estate.)
This week we saw a bit of a surge in listings for homes in the sub $1M segment, with is the most active segment in San Carlos.
First, here are the totals as of now:
- Active: 74 Homes (last week: 67)
- Pending Sale: 24 Homes (last week: 24)
- Ratio ~ 3.1:1 (last week: 2.8:1)
And here are those same numbers broken out by price category:
- Homes < $1M — Active:Pending = 35:12, or ~2.9:1 (last week: 30:14, or ~2.1:1)
- Homes $1M – $1.5M — Active:Pending = 28:9, or~ 3.1:1 (last week: 26:7, 0r~ 3.7:1)
- Homes >$1.5M — Active:Pending = 11:3, or ~ 3.7:1 (last week: 11:3, or ~ 3.7:1)
With the rate of homes coming on the market outpacing the rate at which they are being sold, the ratios bumped up a little bit, as you might expect.
Here’s the scoop on what happened this week. Click on the respective address to get all the details.
San Carlos Home Sales
- Pictured Above — Sale Price: $865,000. Original List Price: $839,000. Difference: $26,000 (3.1%) above original list. DOM: 13 Days total under MLS # 80907917. Listed by Wendi Selig of Coldwell Banker.
- Sale Price: $799,000. Original List Price: $799,000. Difference:no difference from original list. DOM: 10 Days total under MLS # 80905329. Listed by Carrie and Grant DuBois of Coldwell Banker.
- Sale Price: $505,000. Original List Price: $529,000. Difference: $24,000 (4.5%) below original list. DOM: 22 Days total under MLS # 80902420. Listed by Mary Yeargain of RE/MAX Today.
- Sale Price: $489,000. Original List Price: $515,000. Difference: $26,000 (5.0%) below original list. DOM: 37 Days total under MLS # 80902520. Listed by Bob Bredel of RE/MAX Today.
New Listings in San Carlos
- (Pictured Above) $1,385,000 — 4BR/4+BA, 2,290 sq ft on a 11,400 square foot lot. MLS# 80913213, listed by Dan Gilmartin of the Gilmartin Group.
- $1,099,000 — 3BR/2.5BA, 2,170 sq ft on a 5,600 square foot lot. MLS# 80913252, listed by Rhonda O’Leary of Cashin Company.
- $1,049,000 — 3BR/2.5BA, 1,920 sq ft on a 6,360 square foot lot. MLS# 80914285, listed by Mary Duvall of Coldwell Banker.
- $949,000 — 2BR/2BA, 1,677 sq ft on a 5,616 square foot lot. MLS# 80913203, listed by Justine Ford of RE/MAX Today.
- $898,950 — 3BR/2BA, 2,040 sq ft on a 8,460 square foot lot. MLS# 80913172, listed by Genella Williamson of Alain Pinel Realtors.
- $879,000 — 3BR/2BA, 1,370 sq ft on a 5,700 square foot lot. MLS# 80914249, listed by Frank Mack of Prudential California Realty.
- $799,000 — 3BR/1BA, 1,210 sq ft on a 4,920 square foot lot. MLS# 80913180, listed by Judith Litteer of Prudential California Realty.
- $779,000 — 3BR/2.5BA, 1,240 sq ft on a 7,500 square foot lot. According to the MLS comments, this one is a short sale. MLS# 80913571, listed by Dean Asborno of Alain Pinel Realtors.
- $769,000 — 3BR/1BA, 1,330 sq ft on a 4,920 square foot lot. MLS# 80913250, listed by David Young of Coldwell Banker.
- $679,000 — 2BR/1BA, 1,210 sq ft on a 5,500 square foot lot. MLS# 80913852, listed by Steven Guernsey, Broker.
Back on the Market
- Pictured Above: $1,499,800 — 4BR/3BA, 2,630 sq ft on a 14,000 square foot lot. MLS# 80914231, listed by Bernadette Casey of Coldwell Banker. First hit the market back in April ’08 at $1,795,000.
- $849,000 — 4BR/2BA, 2,470 sq ft on a 7,344 square foot lot. MLS# 80913872, listed by Kendra Wall of Vanguard Properties. First hit the market back in April ’08 at $1,198,000. Now it’s back on the market as an REO.
Welcome to to the White Oaks Blog — the most widely read blog dedicated to the San Carlos real estate market! Have blog updates sent to you automatically by subscribing for free by clicking here. Be sure to follow the White Oaks Blog on Facebook at https://Facebook.com/WhiteOaksBlog , and on Twitter @WhiteOaksBlog.
Don’t miss a single update!