If you have been hunting for a home for any period of time, you’ll know that Monday and Friday are the two days when most of the new listings hit the market. Why? Monday is the deadline to get the home registered for the Tuesday Broker’s tour, and Friday’s a favorite day to launch a new listing — just in time to catch both days on the weekend for the first open house. This week was no exception — most of the new listings hit on either of these days.
San Carlos Inventory Analysis
There was a pretty big spike in the number of homes available in the sub-$1M price range — with the number now at 41, this means 61% of the home for sale in San Carlos are priced below $1,000,000. It wasn’t too long ago when it was hard to find a single home in San Carlos below $1M! Here’s a snapshot of the San Carlos market, as of 4/18. The previous week’s stats are in parentheses:
|Homes < $1M||41 (36)||22 (17)||1.9 : 1 (1.9 : 1)|
|Homes $1M –$1.5M||17 (17)||10 (10)||1.7 : 1 (1.7 : 1)|
|Homes >$1.5M||9 (11)||2 (2)||4.5 : 1 (5.5 : 1)|
|Total||67 (64)||34 (30)||2.0 : 1 (2.1 : 1)|
San Carlos Home Sales
Below are homes that sold this past week in San Carlos. Click on the respective addresses to get all the details.
- Pictured above — Sale Price: $1,170,000. Original List Price: $1,188,000. Difference: $18,000 (1.5%) below original list. DOM: 6 Days under MLS # 80913065. Listed by Amy McEwan of Intero Real Estate Services.
- Sale Price: $550,000. Original List Price: $790,000. Difference: $240,000 (30.4%) below original list. DOM: 257 Days under MLS # 80807318. This was a short sale, listed by Adriana F. De Anda of Bay Area Realty Investments.
***To see all of the homes that have sold in San Carlos in the past 3 months, click here: San Carlos Home Sales
Homes Pending Sale in San Carlos
This is a new feature to the Week in Review where I’ll note any homes that went into contract that were interesting for any reason (short or long days on market, for example.)
The one pending sale that really jumped out this week was 121 Colton Avenue, because it sold before it ever hit the market. That’s no surprise — a 1,550 square foot home in White Oaks priced at $769,000 is going to attract a ton of attention, regardless of the fact that it was only a 2BR/1BA. Even if it did make it to the market, it would have been snatched up in a matter of days.
**To see all the homes that are Pending Sale in San Carlos, click here: San Carlos Homes Pending Sale
New Listings in San Carlos
Below are the new listings that hit the market this past week in San Carlos. Click on the respective addresses to get all the details. (Note: If a generic map comes up instead of a property profile, it likely means that particular home is already Pending Sale. Click the link in the “Homes Pending Sale” section to check.)
- Pictured Above: $1,649,000 — 4BR/3BA, 2,509 sq ft on a 8,000 square foot lot. MLS# 80919215, listed by Michael Costello of Costello Realty.
- $1,279,000 — 3BR/2.5BA, 2,135 sq ft on a 10,900 square foot lot. MLS# 80920186, listed by Justine Ford of RE/MAX Today.
- $1,099,000 — 3BR/3BA, 2,165 sq ft on a 7,840 square foot lot. MLS# 80919857, listed by Michael Vigo, Broker.
- $968,000 — 3BR/2BA, 2,010 sq ft on a 5,110 square foot lot. MLS# 80920319, listed by Haryl Pascal, Coldwell Banker.
- $949,000 — 3BR/2.5BA, 1,660 sq ft on a 4,950 square foot lot. MLS# 80919758, listed by Helen Sotiriadis of Royal Mortgage Real Estate & Investment Corp.
- $949,000 — 3BR/2BA, 1,550 sq ft on a 5,640 square foot lot. MLS# 80920298, listed by Erika Demma of Coldwell Banker.
- $889,500 — 3BR/2BA, 1,510 sq ft on a 5,450 square foot lot. MLS# 80919242, listed by Beverly Baumann of Red Carpet Heritage Realty.
- $819,000 — 3BR/1BA, 1,220 sq ft on a 7,450 square foot lot. MLS# 80919242, listed by Sandy Paoli of RE/MAX Today.
- $769,000 — 2BR/1BA, 1,550 sq ft on a 5,763 square foot lot. MLS# 80920348, listed by Doug Gonzalez of Coldwell Banker. UPDATE — This home is already pending sale.
***To see ALL of the homes currently for sale in San Carlos, click here: San Carlos Single Family Residences for Sale
(The “San Carlos Week in Review” series is a summary of new listings and home sales in San Carlos for the prior week, and an occasional podcast mixed in to keep things lively. Between the two, you should get a great idea of what happened last week in San Carlos real estate.)
Welcome to to the White Oaks Blog — the most widely read blog dedicated to the San Carlos real estate market! Have blog updates sent to you automatically by subscribing for free by clicking here. Be sure to follow the White Oaks Blog on Facebook at https://Facebook.com/WhiteOaksBlog , and on Twitter @WhiteOaksBlog.
Don’t miss a single update!