San Carlos Inventory Analysis
For the second straight week, home sales have far outpaced new listings in San Carlos. Consequently, the inventory has dropped from 70 homes for sale just two weeks ago down to 60 this week. Less inventory, and more pending sales means that homes are moving — and we’re seeing increased signs of life in the $1M-$1.5M “move-up” market. Here’s a snapshot of the San Carlos market, as of 5/16. The previous week’s stats are in parentheses:
|Homes < $1M||34 (37)||20 (20)||1.7 : 1 (1.9 : 1)|
|Homes $1M –$1.5M||15 (18)||10 (7)||1.5 : 1 (2.6 : 1)|
|Homes >$1.5M||11 (11)||2 (2)||5.5 : 1 (5.5 : 1)|
|Total||60 (66)||32 (29)||2.3 : 1 (2.8 : 1)|
San Carlos Home Sales
Below are homes that sold this past week in San Carlos. Click on the respective addresses to get all the details.
- Pictured Above: Sale Price: $1,300,000. Original List Price: $1,385,000. Difference: $85,000 (6.1%) below original list. DOM: 22 Days under MLS # 80913213. Listed by Dan Gilmartin of the Gilmartin Group.
- Sale Price: $955,000. Original List Price: $1,025,000. Difference: $70,000 (6.8%) below original list. DOM: 36 Days under MLS # 80910465. Listed by Melanie Smith of Coldwell Banker.
- Sale Price: $975,000. Original List Price: $988,000. Difference: $13,000 (1.3%) below original list. DOM: 3 Days under MLS # 80917527. Listed by Rita Boren of the Sereno Group.
- Sale Price: $750,000. Original List Price: $739,000. Difference: $11,000 (3.0%) above original list. DOM: 1 Day under MLS # 80918085. Listed by David Young of Coldwell Banker.
- Sale Price: $700,000. Original List Price: $679,900. Difference: $20,100 (3.0%) above original list. DOM: 5 Days under MLS # 80913852. Listed by Steve Guernsey, Broker.
Homes Pending Sale in San Carlos
There were a couple of noteworthy listings that went pending this past week. Buyers are still jumping at “move-in” condition homes that are priced well.
- 399 Ashford Avenue went pending after only 5 days.
- 1805 Cedar Street went pending after 13 days on the market.
New Listings in San Carlos
Below are the new listings that hit the market this past week in San Carlos. Click on the respective addresses to get all the details. (Note: If a generic map comes up instead of a property profile, it likely means that particular home is already Pending Sale. Click the link in the “Homes Pending Sale” section to check.)
- Pictured Above: $1,199,000 — 4BR/2BA, 1,714 sq ft on a 7,740 square foot lot. MLS# 80924002, listed by Cy Rinck of Alain Pinel Realtors.
- $1,350,000 — 3BR/2.5BA, 2,840 sq ft on a 5,520 square foot lot. MLS# 80923585, listed by David Young of Coldwell Banker.
- $899,950 — 3BR/2BA,1,730 sq ft on a 5,700 square foot lot. MLS# 80923629, listed by Marc Romer of RE/MAX Today.
(The “San Carlos Week in Review” series is a summary of new listings and home sales in San Carlos for the prior week, and an occasional podcast mixed in to keep things lively. Between the two, you should get a great idea of what happened last week in San Carlos real estate.)
Welcome to to the White Oaks Blog — the most widely read blog dedicated to the San Carlos real estate market! Have blog updates sent to you automatically by subscribing for free by clicking here. Be sure to follow the White Oaks Blog on Facebook at https://Facebook.com/WhiteOaksBlog , and on Twitter @WhiteOaksBlog.
Don’t miss a single update!