San Carlos Inventory Analysis
There was a big swing in the active/pending ratios this week that was caused by two main factors. First, the buying spree in the sub-$1M is showing no signs of abating — homes are selling far more quickly than they’re listing. Consequently, there are now far more homes pending in this price range than there are homes for sale. Secondly, there was an unusual surge of new listings in the higher price ranges. At the end of the week, the overall ratio continues to creep closer to 1:1. Pretty amazing.
Here’s a snapshot of the San Carlos market, as of 6/20. The previous week’s stats are in parentheses:
|Homes < $1M||23 (33)||31 (21)||0.7 : 1 (1.6 : 1)|
|Homes $1M –$1.5M||19 (12)||7 (11)||2.7 : 1 (1.1 : 1)|
|Homes >$1.5M||13 (10)||2(2)||6.5 : 1 (5.1 : 1)|
|Total||55 (55)||40 (35)||1.4 : 1 (1.6 : 1)|
San Carlos Home Sales
Below are homes that sold this past week in San Carlos. Click on the respective addresses to get all the details.
- Pictured Above — Sale Price: $1,265,000. Original List Price: $1,279,000. Difference: $14,000 (1.1%) below original list. DOM: 18 Days under current MLS # 80920186. Listed by Justine Ford of RE/MAX Today.
- Sale Price: $1,135,000. Original List Price: $1,148,000. Difference: $13,000 (1.1%) below original list. DOM: 48 Days under current MLS # 80914513. First listed in July ’08 under a different brokerage at $1,698,000 (-33.2%). Listed by Molitor and Lunder of Intero Real Estate Services.
- Sale Price: $814,500. Original List Price: $849,000. Difference: $34,500 (4.0%) below original list. DOM: 48 Days under current MLS # 80922750. Listed by Mike and Sandy Rostad of Coldwell Banker.
Homes Pending Sale in San Carlos
Here are some noteworthy pending sales from this week.
- 136 Windsor Court went pending after only 3 days on the market.
- 1201 Dayton Ave went pending after 64 days on the market.
- 2419 Graceland Ave is now pending sale after 87 days on the market
New Listings in San Carlos
Below are the new listings that hit the market this past week in San Carlos. Click on the respective addresses to get all the details. (Note: If a generic map comes up instead of a property profile, it likely means that particular home is already Pending Sale. Click the link in the “Homes Pending Sale” section to check.)
- Pictured Above: $1,980,000— 4BR/3BA, 3,100 sq ft on a 6,000 square foot lot. MLS# 80928884, listed by Shirley Kraus of Intero Real Estate Services.
- $1,688,000— 4BR/3BA, 2,510 sq ft on a 7,481 square foot lot. MLS# 80928872, listed by Mike and Sandy Rostad of Coldwell Banker.
- $1,475,000— 4BR/3BA, 2,754 sq ft on a 10,200 square foot lot. MLS# 80929552, listed by David Young of Coldwell Banker.
- $1,348,000— 4BR/3BA, 2,940 sq ft on a 10,800 square foot lot. MLS# 80928913, listed by Debbie Lorell of Cashin Company.
- $1,150,000— 4BR/2.5BA, 1,830 sq ft on a 5,395 square foot lot. MLS# 80928898, listed by David Parks of Gateway Properties.
- $979,000— 3BR/2BA, 1,760 sq ft on a 6,240 square foot lot. MLS# 80929447, listed by Stanley Lo of Green Banker Realty.
- $935,000— 4BR/2BA, 2,150 sq ft on a 9,400 square foot lot. MLS# 80929748, listed by David Young of Coldwell Banker. This home is already pending sale after just 3 days on the market.
- $899,000— 3BR/2.5BA, 1,760 sq ft on a 14,200 square foot lot. MLS# 80929460, listed by Chet Lane of Prudential California Realty.
(The “San Carlos Week in Review” series is a summary of new listings and home sales in San Carlos for the prior week, and an occasional podcast mixed in to keep things lively. Between the two, you should get a great idea of what happened last week in San Carlos real estate.)
Welcome to to the White Oaks Blog — the most widely read blog dedicated to the San Carlos real estate market! Have blog updates sent to you automatically by subscribing for free by clicking here. Be sure to follow the White Oaks Blog on Facebook at https://Facebook.com/WhiteOaksBlog , and on Twitter @WhiteOaksBlog.
Don’t miss a single update!