San Carlos Inventory Analysis
There was a bit of a change in the mix this week — for many weeks now, homes in the sub-$1M sector have made dominated the number homes for sale in San Carlos. This week, the $1M-$1.5M segment picked up 4 new listings and edged into the lead. It will be interesting to see how many of these remain in that range when they do sell. That should give us a good indication of the relative health of the real estate market in San Carlos.
Here’s a snapshot of the San Carlos market, as of 6/27. The previous week’s stats are in parentheses:
|Homes < $1M||22 (23)||27 (31)||0.8 : 1 (0.7 : 1)|
|Homes $1M –$1.5M||23 (19)||7 (7)||3.3 : 1 (2.7 : 1)|
|Homes >$1.5M||13 (13)||2(2)||6.5 : 1 (6.5 : 1)|
|Total||58 (55)||35 (40)||1.7 : 1 (1.4 : 1)|
San Carlos Home Sales
Below are homes that sold this past week in San Carlos. Click on the respective addresses to get all the details.
- Pictured Above — Sale Price: $1,739,500 Original List Price: $1,899,950. Difference: $160,450 (8.4%) below original list. DOM: 221 Days under current MLS # 80909572. This was a really nice home on one of San Carlos’ premier streets. Listed by Donna Colangelo of Intero Real Estate Services.
- Sale Price: $999,777. Original List Price: $1,275,000. Difference: $275,223 (21.6%) below original list. DOM: 92 Days under current MLS # 80913872. Listed by Arnoldo Arreola of RE/MAX Star Properties.
- Sale Price: $825,000. Original List Price: $849,000. Difference: $24,000 (2.8%) below original list. DOM: 31 Days under current MLS # 80913872. This ultimately sold as an REO, but it originally listed back in April ’08 at $1,198,000. Listed by Kendra Wall of Vanguard Properties.
- Sale Price: $810,000. Original List Price: $879,500. Difference: $69,500 (7.9%) below original list. DOM: 36 Days under current MLS # 80921577. Listed by Michelle Despres of SC Properties.
- Sale Price: $760,000. Original List Price: $789,000. Difference: $29,000 (3.7%) below original list. DOM: 31 Days under current MLS # 80921491. Listed by Mehrandokht Abolmoluki of Coldwell Banker.
Homes Pending Sale in San Carlos
Here’s a noteworthy pending sale from this week…
- 849 Elm Street went pending after only 1 day on the market
New Listings in San Carlos
Below are the new listings that hit the market this past week in San Carlos. Click on the respective addresses to get all the details. (Note: If a generic map comes up instead of a property profile, it likely means that particular home is already Pending Sale. Click the link in the “Homes Pending Sale” section to check.)
- Pictured Above: $1,288,888 — 3BR/ 2.5BA, 1,826 sq ft on a 8,000 square foot lot. MLS# 80931039, listed by Bente Palouda of Keller-Williams Cupertino.
- $1,268,000 — 3BR/ 2.5BA, 2,040 sq ft on a 10,400 square foot lot. MLS# 80931039, listed by David Young of Coldwell Banker.
- $1,245,950 — 4BR/ 2.5BA, 2,880 sq ft on a 14,200 square foot lot. MLS# 80930035, listed by Donna Colangelo of Intero Real Estate Services.
- $1,089,000 — 3BR/ 2BA, 1,870 sq ft on a 10,788 square foot lot. MLS# 80930057, listed by Jeffrey Holley of CNA Equity Group.
- $998,938 — 3BR/ 2BA, 1,950 sq ft on a 5,600 square foot lot. MLS# 80930065, listed by Sue Walsh of Cashin Company.
- $975,000 — 4BR/ 2.5BA, 2,600 sq ft on a 14,204 square foot lot. MLS# 80930042, listed by Mary Duvall of Coldwell Banker.
- $939,000 — 3BR/ 2BA, 1,600 sq ft on a 6,120 square foot lot. MLS# 80931049, listed by David Young of Coldwell Banker.
- $649,000 — 3BR/ 1.5BA, 1,580 sq ft on a 7,200 square foot lot. MLS# 80930034, listed by Justine Ford of RE/MAX Today. This home is already pending sale after one day on the market.
(The “San Carlos Week in Review” series is a summary of new listings and home sales in San Carlos for the prior week, and an occasional podcast mixed in to keep things lively. Between the two, you should get a great idea of what happened last week in San Carlos real estate.)
Welcome to to the White Oaks Blog — the most widely read blog dedicated to the San Carlos real estate market! Have blog updates sent to you automatically by subscribing for free by clicking here. Be sure to follow the White Oaks Blog on Facebook at https://Facebook.com/WhiteOaksBlog , and on Twitter @WhiteOaksBlog.
Don’t miss a single update!