Activity picked up nicely after last week’s slumber. It’s pretty clear that the buyers are sticking around this summer and not disappearing during the month of August, as traditionally happens in a normal year. The numbers aren’t that remarkable, but the fact that open houses are busy and sales activity has remained steady is in itself…well, remarkable.
Here’s a snapshot of the San Carlos market, as of 8/15. The previous week’s stats are in parentheses:
|Homes < $1M||28 (27)||22 (23)||1.3 : 1 (1.2 : 1)|
|Homes $1M –$1.5M||20 (17)||10 (11)||2.0 : 1 (1.5 : 1)|
|Homes >$1.5M||11 (11)||2 (1)||5.5 : 1 (11: 1)|
|Total||58 (55)||34 (35)||1.7 : 1 (1.6 : 1)|
What Sold in San Carlos
Below are homes that sold this past week in San Carlos. Click on the respective addresses to get all the details.
- Pictured Above —Sale Price: $1,270,000. Original List Price: $1,379,900. Difference: $109,900 (8.0%) below original list. DOM: 34 Days under current MLS # 80926167. Listed by Valerie Dakin of Alain Pinel Realtors.
- Sale Price: $1,058,000. Original List Price: $1,089,000. Difference: $31,000 (2.8%) below original list. DOM: 13 Days under current MLS # 80930057. Listed by Jeffery Holley of CNA Equity Group.
- Sale Price: $910,000. Original List Price: $929,950. Difference: $19,950 (2.1%) below original list. DOM: 14 Days under current MLS # 80933508. Listed by Genella Williamson of Alain Pinel Realtors.
- Sale Price: $840,000. Original List Price: $899,000. Difference: $59,000 (6.6%) below original list. DOM: 124 Days under current MLS #80924416. Listed by John Shroyer of RE/MAX Today.
(Click this button to see all of the homes that have sold in San Carlos in the past 3 months.)
Homes Pending Sale in San Carlos
The following homes went “Pending Sale” this week:
- 1521 Cedar Street, after 178 days on the market.
- 3184 Brittan Ave, after 50 days.
- 304 Cedar St, 40 days.
- 1651 Alameda de las Pulgas, 207 days
- 299 Club Drive, 273 days
(Click this button to see all the homes that are Pending Sale in San Carlos.)
New Listings in San Carlos
Below are the new listings that hit the market this past week in San Carlos. Simply click on the address of each home to get all the details. If a generic search page appears, check under the “Homes Pending Sale in San Carlos” section to see if it’s already pending sale.
- Pictured Above: $1,249,000— 3BR/2.5BA, 2,300 sq ft on a 8,320 square foot lot. MLS# 80938351, listed by Trish Ward of Intero Real Estate Services.
- $1,149,000— 3BR/2BA, 1,920 sq ft on a 6,890 square foot lot. MLS# 80939185, listed by Valerie Trenter of Coldwell Banker.
- $1,095,000— 3BR/2BA, 1,890 sq ft on a 7,144 square foot lot. MLS# 80938509, listed by Gina Nibbi of Pacific Union/GMAC.
- $1,095,000— 5BR/4+BA, 2,790 sq ft on a 11,200 square foot lot. MLS# 80938560, listed by Deirdre Sauvage of Coldwell Banker.
- $998,000— 3BR/2BA, 1,660 sq ft on a 5,650 square foot lot. MLS# 80939412, listed by Michael D’Ambra of Mid-Peninsula Realty.
- $989,000— 3BR/2.5BA, 2,370 sq ft on a 8,500 square foot lot. MLS# 80939365, listed by Judith Litteer of Coldwell Banker.
- $879,000— 3BR/1BA, 1,300 sq ft on a 6,050 square foot lot. MLS# 80939293, listed by Heide Maierhofer of Cashin Company.
- $719,000— 2BR/1BA, 1,000 sq ft on a 5,000 square foot lot. MLS# 80939293, listed by Janet Barman of Coldwell Banker.
- $700,000— 3BR/2.5BA, 1,680 sq ft on a 6,288 square foot lot. MLS# 80938620, listed by Patrick Ryan of Alain Pinel Realtors.
(Click this button to see ALL of the homes currently for sale in San Carlos.)
(The “San Carlos Week in Review” series is a summary of new listings and home sales in San Carlos for the prior week, and an occasional podcast mixed in to keep things lively. Between the two, you should get a great idea of what happened last week in San Carlos real estate.)
Welcome to to the White Oaks Blog — the most widely read blog dedicated to the San Carlos real estate market! Have blog updates sent to you automatically by subscribing for free by clicking here. Be sure to follow the White Oaks Blog on Facebook at https://Facebook.com/WhiteOaksBlog , and on Twitter @WhiteOaksBlog.
Don’t miss a single update!