Lots activity this week but when the dust settled, the numbers pretty much leveled out to where we were at this time last week. I guess that’s the definition of a “balanced” market. But the big news this week was the long awaited return of green ink….in my highly scientific display of home sales below, I use green to specify when a home sold above its list price, and red to specify when it sold below. It has been a long time since there’s been any green ink in this column, and this week it actually happened twice, no less.
Does this signify the bottom of the market? Not necesarily. But it does signifies that buyers are starting to battle over the better new listings that are coming on the market. When you see a small DOM number and a price higher than list, it’s almost a guarantee of a multiple-offer sale.
Here’s a snapshot of the San Carlos market, as of 8/12. The previous week’s stats are in parentheses:
|Homes < $1M||29 (28)||22 (20)||1.3 : 1 (1.3 : 1)|
|Homes $1M –$1.5M||19 (20)||10 (10)||1.9 : 1 (2.0 : 1)|
|Homes >$1.5M||10 (11)||2 (2)||5.0 : 1 (5.5: 1)|
|Total||58 (58)||34 (32)||1.8 : 1 (1.7 : 1)|
What Sold in San Carlos
Below are homes that sold this past week in San Carlos. Click on the respective addresses to get all the details.
- Pictured Above —Sale Price: $1,022,400. Original List Price: $1,095,000. Difference: $72,600 (6.6%) below original list. DOM: 34 Days under current MLS # 80928536. Listed by Melanie Smith of Coldwell Banker.
- Sale Price: $883,000. Original List Price: $849,000. Difference: $34,000 (4.0%) above original list. DOM: 4 Days under current MLS # 80934460. Listed by Justine Ford of RE/MAX.
- Sale Price: $870,000. Original List Price: $899,000. Difference: $29,000 (3.2%) below original list. DOM: 176 Days under current MLS # 80933170. Listed by Robert Marshall of Marshall Realty.
- Sale Price: $808,000. Original List Price: $829,900. Difference: $21,900 (2.6%) below original list. DOM: 42 Days under current MLS # 80925055. Listed by Arlene Sullivan of Coldwell Banker.
- Sale Price: $706,500. Original List Price: $675,000. Difference: $21,000 (4.7%) above original list. DOM: 8 Days under current MLS # 80934657. Listed by Janie Barman of Coldwell Banker.
- Sale Price: $620,000. Original List Price: $650,000. Difference: $30,000 (4.6%) below original list. DOM: 9 Days under current MLS # 80931746. Listed by Patrick Ryan of Alain Pinale Realtors.
- Sale Price: $540,000. Original List Price: $599,000. Difference: $59,000 (9.8%) below original list. DOM: 289 Days under current MLS # 80834233. Listed by Elizabeth Ortiz of Casamerica Realty.
(Click this button to see all of the homes that have sold in San Carlos in the past 3 months.)
Homes Pending Sale in San Carlos
The following homes went “Pending Sale” this week:
- 2425 San Carlos Ave, after 13 days on the market.
- 275 Vine St, after only 4 days.
- 870 Crestview Dr, after 76 days.
- 2208 San Carlos Ave, 90 days.
- 205 Highland Ave, 11 days.
- 1425 Greenbrier Rd, 12 days
(Click this button to see all the homes that are Pending Sale in San Carlos.)
New Listings in San Carlos
Below are the new listings that hit the market this past week in San Carlos. Simply click on the address of each home to get all the details. If a generic search page appears, check under the “Homes Pending Sale in San Carlos” section to see if it’s already pending sale.
- Pictured Above: $1,395,000— 4BR/3BA, 2,400 sq ft on a 7,501 square foot lot. MLS # 80940060, listed by Lynn Wilson Roberts of Alain Pinel Realtors.
- $1,399,931— 3BR/2BA, 2,030 sq ft on a 11,050 square foot lot. MLS # 80927115, listed by Donna Marie Baldwin of Coldwell Banker.
- $889,950— 2BR/1BA, 1,930 sq ft on a 7,250 square foot lot. MLS # 80940488, listed by Donna Colangelo of Intero Real Estate Services.
- $875,000— 3BR/2BA, 1,310 sq ft on a 16,072 square foot lot. MLS # 80940423, listed by Geoffrey Phelps of RE/MAX.
- $648,000— 2BR/1BA, 940 sq ft on a 6,426 square foot lot. MLS # 80939439, listed by Sharon Schmid of Intero Real Estate Services.
(Click this button to see ALL of the homes currently for sale in San Carlos.)
(The “San Carlos Week in Review” series is a summary of new listings and home sales in San Carlos for the prior week, and an occasional podcast mixed in to keep things lively. Between the two, you should get a great idea of what happened last week in San Carlos real estate.)
Welcome to to the White Oaks Blog — the most widely read blog dedicated to the San Carlos real estate market! Have blog updates sent to you automatically by subscribing for free by clicking here. Be sure to follow the White Oaks Blog on Facebook at https://Facebook.com/WhiteOaksBlog , and on Twitter @WhiteOaksBlog.
Don’t miss a single update!