Tracking the inventory of single family homes in San Carlos is almost like reading the weather forecast. We hit a low of 40 earlier in the week, and at the time of this post, we’re sitting at 41. Unless there’s a surge of new listings on Monday, there’s a good possibility that we’ll dip into the 30’s as a few more homes will likely go into contract. Just look at the disparity below between “Homes Pending Sale in San Carlos” and “New Listings in San Carlos” for just this week alone.
What does that mean? We’ll soon have more homes pending sale that there will be active listings in ALL of San Carlos. That feat has been accomplished numerous times in the sub-$1M price range, but not for the market as a whole. Great for sellers, but tough sledding for buyers.
Here’s a snapshot of the San Carlos market, as of 11/14. The previous week’s stats are in parentheses:
|< $1M||19 (24)||27 (24)||0.7 : 1 (1.1 : 1)|
|$1M –$1.5M||12 (14)||12 (12)||1 : 1 (1.2 : 1)|
|>$1.5M||10 (11)||0 (0)||N/A (N/A )|
|Total||41 (49)||39 (36)||1.1 : 1 (1.4 : 1)|
What Sold in San Carlos
Below are homes that sold this past week in San Carlos. Click on the respective addresses to get all the details.
- Pictured Above — Sale Price: $1,063,000. Original List Price: $979,000. Difference: $84,000 (7.9%) above original list. DOM: 12 Days under current MLS # 80948397. Listed by Susan Michal of Cashin Company.
- Sale Price: $765,000. Original List Price: $795,500. Difference: $30,500 (3.8%) below original list. DOM: 62 Days under current MLS #80937706. Listed by Gary Young of RE/MAX Star Properties.
- Sale Price: $725,000. Original List Price: $705,000. Difference: $20,000 (2.8%) above original list. DOM: 18 Days under current MLS # 80945148. Listed by Philip Watson of Prudential California Realty
- Sale Price: $486,800. Original List Price: $524,900. Difference: $38,100 (7.3%) below original list. DOM: 52 Days under current MLS #80937874. Listed by John Sieling of RE/MAX Today.
Click the SOLD button below see all of the homes that have sold in San Carlos in the past 3 months.
Want your sold data sooner? Follow my updates on Twitter where I post San Carlos home sales as they happen. Just click on the Twitter button below….
Homes Pending Sale in San Carlos
The following homes went “Pending Sale” this week — click on the address for more info:
- 143 Ruby Ave, after 60 days on the market.
- 2056 Arroyo Ave, after 3 days.
- 341 Laurel St, 11 days.
- 1358 Geneva Ave, 19 days.
- 227 Frances Lane, 83 days.
- 776 Tamarack Ave, 24 days
- 3005 Brittan Ave, 7 days
- 146 Hillcrest Rd, 47 days
(Click this button to see all the homes that are Pending Sale in San Carlos.)
New Listings in San Carlos
Below are the new listings that hit the market this past week in San Carlos. Simply click on the address of each home to get all the details.
- Pictured Above: $650,000 — 3BR/2BA, 1,390 sq ft on a 5,000 square foot lot. MLS# 80953394. Listed by Michael Reid of Reid Realty.
- $834,000— 3BR/3BA, 1,660 sq ft on a 6,050 square foot lot MLS# 80953708, listed by Leonard Bialer of Bialer and Associates.
(Click this button to see ALL of the homes currently for sale in San Carlos.)
Open Houses in San Carlos
(Click this button to see ALL of the open houses scheduled for this weekend in San Carlos.)
(The “San Carlos Week in Review” series is a summary of new listings and home sales in San Carlos for the prior week.)
Welcome to to the White Oaks Blog — the most widely read blog dedicated to the San Carlos real estate market! Have blog updates sent to you automatically by subscribing for free by clicking here. Be sure to follow the White Oaks Blog on Facebook at https://Facebook.com/WhiteOaksBlog , and on Twitter @WhiteOaksBlog.
Don’t miss a single update!