As predicted, the inventory of single family residences for sale in San Carlos dropped again, and continued to stay low all week. At the time of this post, there are only 36 homes for sale in ALL of San Carlos. That’s an incredibly low number for any time of year, even heading into the holiday season as we are now.
Another interesting note — 15 homes have already closed escrow in San Carlos this month, which is one more than in November ’08. This marks the third consecutive month (and the only three months of the year ) where we’ve had a year-over-year improvement from 2008. While this isn’t an overwhelming indication that the market is on the way back up, it’s a good indicator that the slide has at least stopped.
Here’s a snapshot of the San Carlos market, as of 11/21. The previous week’s stats are in parentheses:
|< $1M||18 (19)||22 (27)||0.8 : 1 (0.7 : 1)|
|$1M –$1.5M||9 (12)||11 (12)||0.8 : 1 (1.1 : 1)|
|>$1.5M||11 (10)||1 (0)||11 : 1 (N/A )|
|Total||36 (41)||34 (39)||1.1 : 1 (1.1 : 1)|
What Sold in San Carlos
Below are homes that sold this past week in San Carlos. Click on the respective addresses to get all the details.
- Pictured Above — Sale Price: $1,200,000. Original List Price: $1,225,000. Difference: $25,000 (2.0%) below original list. DOM: 12 Days under MLS # 80947494. Listed by Donna Chambers of Alain Pinel Realtors.
- Sale Price: $1,015,000. Original List Price: $1,075,000. Difference: $60,000 (5.6%) below original list. DOM: 29 Days under MLS # 80942823. Listed by Michael D’Ambra of Mid-Peninsula Realty.
- Sale Price: $1,010,220. Original List Price: $999,928. Difference: $10,292 (1.0%) above original list. DOM: 23 Days under MLS # 80946192. Listed by Genella Williamson of Alain Pinel Realtors.
- Sale Price: $925,000. Original List Price: $899,000. Difference: $26,000 (2.9%) above original list. DOM: 3 Days under MLS # 80949664. Listed by Justine Ford of RE/MAX Today.
- Sale Price: $875,000. Original List Price: $915,000. Difference: $40,000 (4.4%) below original list. DOM: 37 Days under MLS #80944057. Listed by Bob Bredel of RE/MAX Today.
- Sale Price: $855,000. Original List Price: $998,000. Difference: $143,000 (14.3%) below original list. DOM: 51 Days under MLS # 80939412. Listed by Michael D’Ambra of Mid-Peninsula Realty.
- Sale Price: $835,000. Original List Price: $919,000. Difference: $84,000 (9.1%) below original list. DOM: 81 Days under MLS #80934459. Listed by Justine Ford of RE/MAX Today.
- Sale Price: $749,000. Original List Price: $749,500. Difference: $500 (0.0%) below original list. DOM: 17 Days under MLS #80941650. Listed by Karen Doherty of Doherty Realty Company.
- Sale Price: $681,060. Original List Price: $688,655. Difference: $7,595 (1.1%) below original list. DOM: 22 Days under MLS #80945313. Listed by Michael Ames of Patriot Properties.
Click the SOLD button below see all of the homes that have sold in San Carlos in the past 3 months.
Want your sold data sooner? Follow my updates on Twitter where I post San Carlos home sales as they happen. Just click on the Twitter button below….
Homes Pending Sale in San Carlos
The following homes went “Pending Sale” this week — click on the address for more info:
- 21 Anchor Lane, after 60 days on the market.
- 138 Queens Ct, after 159 days.
- 2043 Saint Francis Way, 13 days
- 1349 Brittan Ave, 3 days.
(Click this button to see all the homes that are Pending Sale in San Carlos.)
New Listings in San Carlos
Below are the new listings that hit the market this past week in San Carlos. Simply click on the address of each home to get all the details.
- Pictured Above: $1,150,000 – 3BR/2BA, 1,570 sq ft on a 7,200 square foot lot. MLS# 80954516. Listed by John Shroyer of RE/MAX Today.
- $759,000– 3BR/2BA, 1,360 sq ft on a 4,880 square foot lot. MLS# 80953734, listed by Ellen Mazzoni of Alain Pinel Realtors. Already pending sale…
(Click this button to see ALL of the homes currently for sale in San Carlos.)
Open Houses in San Carlos
(Click this button to see ALL of the open houses scheduled for this weekend in San Carlos.)
(The “San Carlos Week in Review” series is a summary of new listings and home sales in San Carlos for the prior week.)
Are you ready to step up to the most comprehensive data available about the San Carlos Real Estate market? Then subscribe to the White Oaks Blog for free by clicking here. Be sure to follow the White Oaks Blog on Facebook at https://Facebook.com/WhiteOaksBlog , and on Twitter @WhiteOaksBlog.
Get the best coverage on the San Carlos real estate market delivered right to you!