It was a bit slower this week, which was to be expected with the Thanksgiving holiday. In normal years, this week would almost mark the end of the real estate year as buyers and sellers essentially “shut it down” and prepare for Christmas. This year may be different, though. Just this week, interest rates matched the all-time lows that we saw in the Spring of this year. This is keeping buyers extra vigilant during the holiday season in case the right home pops up. It’s also making some sellers think twice about waiting until next year to list their home.
This should all make for an interesting December market in San Carlos!
Here’s a snapshot of the San Carlos market, as of 11/28. The previous week’s stats are in parentheses:
|< $1M||17 (18)||19 (22)||0.9 : 1 (0.8 : 1)|
|$1M –$1.5M||12 (9)||11 (11)||1.1 : 1 (0.8 : 1)|
|>$1.5M||8 (11)||2 (1)||4 : 1 (11 : 1)
|Total||37 (36)||32 (34)||1.2 : 1 (1.1 : 1)|
What Sold in San Carlos
Below are homes that sold this past week in San Carlos. Click on the respective addresses to get all the details.
- Pictured Above — Sale Price: $929,000. Original List Price: $1,150,000. Difference: $221,000 (19.2%) below original list. DOM: 113 Days under MLS # 80928898. Listed by David Parks of Gateway Properties.
- Sale Price: $936,000. Original List Price: $899,000. Difference: $37,000 (4.1%) above original list. Note that it originally listed almost a year ago at $1,199,999. DOM: 332 Days under MLS # 80948382. Listed by Deborah Chelini of Coldwell Banker.
- Sale Price: $840,000. Original List Price: $898,000. Difference: $58,000 (6.5%) below original list. DOM: 21 Days under MLS # 80942468. Listed by John Shroyer of RE/MAX Today.
- Sale Price: $840,000. Original List Price: $879,000. Difference: $39,000 (4.4%) below original list. DOM: 43 Days under MLS # 80942468. Listed by Bob Bredel of RE/MAX Today.
- Sale Price: $690,000. Original List Price: $719,000. Difference: $29,000 (4.0%) below original list. DOM: 9 Days under MLS # 80948686. Listed by Erich Sonnberger of Intero Real Estate Services.
Click the SOLD button below see all of the homes that have sold in San Carlos in the past 3 months.
Want your sold data sooner? Follow my updates on Twitter where I post San Carlos home sales as they happen. Just click on the Twitter button below….
Homes Pending Sale in San Carlos
The following homes went “Pending Sale” this week — click on the address for more info:
- 534 Wellington Dr, after 140 days on the market.
- 1578 Morse Blvd, after 162 days.
- 105 Wilshire Ct, 13 days.
(Click this button to see all the homes that are Pending Sale in San Carlos.)
New Listings in San Carlos
Below are the new listings that hit the market this past week in San Carlos. Simply click on the address of each home to get all the details.
- Pictured Above: $1,128,000 — 3BR/2BA, 1,850 sq ft on a 7,550 square foot lot. MLS# 80955077. Listed by Ines Malardino of Cashin Company.
- $1,149,000— 3BR/3BA, 2,650 sq ft on a 9,240 square foot lot. MLS#80955197, listed by Michael Bruno of Cal-West Realty.
- $909,000— 3BR/2BA, 1,418 sq ft on a 5,500 square foot lot. MLS#80955117, listed by Shirley Kraus of Intero Real Estate Services.
(Click this button to see ALL of the homes currently for sale in San Carlos.)
Open Houses in San Carlos
(Click this button to see ALL of the open houses scheduled for this weekend in San Carlos.)
(The “San Carlos Week in Review” series is a summary of new listings and home sales in San Carlos for the prior week.)
Welcome to to the White Oaks Blog — the most widely read blog dedicated to the San Carlos real estate market! Have blog updates sent to you automatically by subscribing for free by clicking here. Be sure to follow the White Oaks Blog on Facebook at https://Facebook.com/WhiteOaksBlog , and on Twitter @WhiteOaksBlog.
Don’t miss a single update!