When the City Council of San Carlos opted against holding a special election to fill the vacant seat on the Council and instead decided that it would appoint an interim Council member after a series of interviews, nobody was quite sure who (or how many) would ultimately put their hat in the ring for this short stint on the City Council. After all, the last few seats that were filled via the election process were not what one would consider hotly contested. You’ll recall that Andy Klein, the last member elected to the council, ran unopposed in his bid for the position.
Well, according to Bonnie Eslinger’s column in the Daily News, no fewer than 11 people have officially signed up to for the interview process! It’s absolutely fantastic that so many citizens have expressed an interest in this civic duty. The Council plans to interview all of the candidates in a series of meetings on Monday June 6, with the possibility of actually naming the interim Council member later in the evening in a special City Council Meeting. According to Bonnie’s Daily News Article, here is the list of interested candidates:
• Linda da Silva, executive director of construction planning for the San Mateo County Community College District.
• Don Eaton, former San Carlos mayor and vice president of Argus Financial.
• Ricardo Garcia-Pacheco, a business consultant and former member of San Carlos’ Economic Development Advisory Commission.
• Neha Singh Gohil, an attorney and nonprofit manager.
• Deborah Kemper, associate executive director of the San Mateo County Bar Association.
• Brad Langford, a technology marketer for Cisco Systems.
• Brad Lewis, a former San Carlos mayor and director/producer for Pixar Animation Studios.
• Alex Phillips, a retired 17-year resident.
• Jeff Richards, managing partner of The Office of the CIO.
• John Sieling, a Realtor at Today Sotheby’s.
• Elizabeth Torrez, a retired San Carlos School District employee.
Who Will Be the Interim Council Member?
Who do you think will be chosen as the interim Council Member from the above citizens? It’s going to be a tough decision to decide on just one from such an outstanding pool of candidates! Cast your vote in the poll below, and perhaps as early as Monday evening we will all find out the actual results.
Welcome to to the White Oaks Blog — the most widely read blog dedicated to the San Carlos real estate market! Have blog updates sent to you automatically by subscribing for free by clicking here. Be sure to follow the White Oaks Blog on Facebook at https://Facebook.com/WhiteOaksBlog , and on Twitter @WhiteOaksBlog.
Don’t miss a single update!