Checking the Boxes.
Earlier this week on the site, we posed the question whether San Carlos is a buyer’s or seller’s market right now, and also discussed why some homes seem to be selling quickly while others just seem to sit. The answer to the latter question was simply a function of how many of the “boxes” that a house enables a buyer to check off of their wish list. Some of those key items on every buyer’s wish list seem to be: Good condition, smart layout, more bedrooms, and a great location. And of course, let’s not forget that it has to be at an attractive price, too. In a nutshell, the more of those items you can tick off the list, the faster a home is going to sell.
A Great Example.
This week during the Tuesday broker’s tour, I came across a house that I think is an outstanding example of exactly what we’re talking about above: 112 Windsor Drive, a 4BR/2BA home listed by Jacqueline Haugh of Alain Pinel Realtors. This house does a pretty good job of checking off most of those boxes above.
- Condition: It has great curb appeal, as you can tell from the picture above. Inside, it’s very clean. While it’s not totally new, it does have a nicely updated kitchen. Very attractive back yard, too.
- Layout: The layout is very smart. It has a nice open kitchen area, and all of the bedrooms are located in same hallway. This is a hot-button for families with small children. (Although once they become teenagers, you generally want them as far away as possible!) It even has a master suite.
- Bedrooms. It has 4. That alone puts it high on many buyer’s lists.
- Location: This particular section of San Carlos falls in the Arundel/Tierra Linda/Carlmont school trifecta, which is also a high priority for many buyers.
- Price: $925,000… that’s a lot of house for $925K
If you’re looking for reasons why some houses sell more quickly than others, check this one out. But you’d better hurry, because I don’t think it’s going to stay on the market very long.
Welcome to to the White Oaks Blog — the most widely read blog dedicated to the San Carlos real estate market! Have blog updates sent to you automatically by subscribing for free by clicking here. Be sure to follow the White Oaks Blog on Facebook at https://Facebook.com/WhiteOaksBlog , and on Twitter @WhiteOaksBlog.
Don’t miss a single update!