There seemed to be an abnormally high percentage of BIG houses that were featured on broker tour this week in San Carlos. Of the six homes that were on their first tour Tuesday, half of them were 3,000 square feet or larger. That’s definitely bigger than your “average” San Carlos home, and is generally not the mix one would expect to see on a typical tour week.
But there they were, in all of their grand glory: 281 Dartmouth Avenue at 3,000 square feet, 204 Exeter Avenue at 3,450 square feet, and 313 Oakview Drive at a whopping 4,212 square feet. An interesting side note is that two of these three are flips, which means that investors and contractors are not shy about testing the upper price range of the San Carlos market.
281 Dartmouth Avenue.
My pick for the “Best of Tour San Carlos” this week is not the biggest of the bunch, but in my opinion offers the best of what today’s buyers are looking for. It’s 4BR/3.5BA newly remodeled home that is listed at $3,198,000 by Todd Weidmer at RealSmart Properties. (Click on the picture below for the listing details).
281 Dartmouth Avenue, San Carlos
281 Dartmouth Avenue is not the typical house that you would expect to find in the northern hills of San Carlos, especially on Dartmouth Avenue where so many of the homes are perched on a steep hillside. This fabulous home is situated on a massive and beautifully landscaped 14,800 square foot mostly-flat lot, which is a rarity anywhere in San Carlos, let alone in this part of town. The back of the home features fabulous views of the south bay.
281 Dartmouth Avenue – Back Yard
It seems that no detail was overlooked in the design and construction of this home, starting right away with the intricate craftsman type details of the front entry:
281 Dartmouth Avenue – Entry
But what will really capture the eyes (and hearts) of potential buyers is the open, intelligent floorplan of this home. Everything in this home is situated just right, from the placement of the bedrooms, to how the kitchen and great room flow together so seamlessly. It’s the kind of home that can be a cozy, luxurious family home one day, and then host a knock-out dinner party the next.
For those of you that are extra particular about the school district, this home is in the boundaries for Arundel Elementary, Tierra Linda Midddle, and Carlmont High Schools — a triple-play that is very desirable to many home shoppers in San Carlos. (Buyers should verify this data with the respective school districts, of course.)
When a home is listed at over $3M in San Carlos, it really needs to bring the goods. 218 Dartmouth does just that.
There were 5 other homes that were on tour in San Carlos this week. Click on the addresses for all of the listing details:
- 313 Oakview Drive: This was a very close second place for my “Best of Tour” pick this week. This is the other of the two flips, and it has LOTS of space at 4,212 square feet. Great views, and an equally great White Oaks location. Listed at $2,595,000 by Medina Begic of Coldwell Banker.
- 204 Exeter Avenue: The third of the three large homes on tour this week, it is nicely appointed with lots of space — AND it’s also in the Arundel/TL/Carlmont zone. Listed at $1,788,000 by Donna Colangelo of Intero.
- 171 Rogers Avenue: A surprisingly spacious 3BR/3BA home in a great central location just off upper Brittan Avenue. Listed at $1,650,000 by Tom Kucsak of Berkshire Hathaway.
- 509 De Anza Avenue: If there was a category for best sleeper pick of the week, this one would win hands down. LOTS of potential with this home – it just needs some updating. Logical floorplan, and a huge 10,140 square foot yard. Listed at $1,449,000 by Michelle Glaubert of Coldwell Banker.
- 2840 Brittan Avenue: A lot of house for the money. Great location on upper Brittan for those who need to get to Interstate 280 quickly in the morning. And it’s another house with a huge lot. Listed at $1,399,000 by Steve Hicks of Gateway Properties.
That’s the recap from this week’s tour in San Carlos. Let me know if you’re interested in seeing any of these great homes!
Are you ready to step up to the most comprehensive data available about the San Carlos Real Estate market? Then subscribe to the White Oaks Blog for free by clicking here. Be sure to follow the White Oaks Blog on Facebook at https://Facebook.com/WhiteOaksBlog , and on Twitter @WhiteOaksBlog.
Get the best coverage on the San Carlos real estate market delivered right to you!
GD Star Rating
GD Star Rating