“The San Carlos Week In Review” – 1/10/09…
January 12, 2009
(The “San Carlos Week in Review” is a series comprised of an occasional podcast, and a summary of new listings and home sales in San Carlos for the prior week. Between the two, you should get a great idea of what happened last week in San Carlos real estate.)
Welcome to the first full week of 2009! The kids are back in school, and everyone is back to work (hopefully everyone is still employed, that is…) January and February sales results will be closely watched by everyone, as these two months often give an indication of what's in store for the year. I think early January is a great time to put a home on the market, since the Spring buying rush hasn't hit full stride yet, and consequently your listing gets LOTS of attention. So what happened this week?
Here's the scoop — click on the addresses for more details and photos.
San Carlos Home Sales
- 1101 Greenbrier Rd: (Pictured above.) Sale Price: $1,075,000. Original List Price: $1,198,000. Difference: $123,000 (10.3% ) below original list. DOM: 27 Days under MLS # 80844502. It originally listed back in October of 2008 at $1,449,000…so it took a little price drop before it finally sold. Listed by Edd McKibben of RE/MAX Today.
- 2607 Graceland Ave: Sale Price: $1,368,000. Original List Price: $1,595,000. Difference: $227,000 (14.2% ) below original list. DOM: 48 Days under MLS # 80840641. Listed by David Young of Coldwell Banker.
- 1545 Gover Ln: Sale Price: $1,060,000. Original List Price: $1,295,000. Difference: $235,000 (18.1% ) below original list. DOM: 83 Days under MLS # 80835475. Listed by Claire Earley of Coldwell Banker.
- 113 Belvedere Ave: Sale Price: $755,000. Original List Price: $799,950. Difference: $44,950 (5.6% ) below original list. DOM: 43 Days under MLS # 80841339. Listed by Alexander Lehr of Lehr Real Estate.
San Carlos New Listings
- 1116 Cedar St: (Pictured Above) $798,500 — 2BR/1BA, 1,230 sq ft on a 5,600 square foot lot. MLS# 80901378, listed by Heather Hansen of Alain Pinel Realtors
- 148 Oakview Dr: $849,000 — 3BR/2BA, 1,530 sq ft on a 3,960 square foot lot. This one is already in contract after only 4 days — not even an open house! MLS# 80900374, listed by Greg Booth of NetEquity.
Back on the Market
- 177 Barford Ave: $998,888 — 4BR/2BA, 2,470 sq ft on a 7,344 square foot lot. MLS# 80900374, listed by Paymon Ghafouri of Cashin Company.
That's it for this week. It should be interesting to see how this next week unfolds…