San Carlos Inventory Analysis
How hot is the sub-$1M mark in San Carlos? There are now more homes pending sale in this range than there are active listings. That’s never happened since I’ve been keeping these stats. This past week the total inventory dropped below 50 (albeit briefly) for the first time since the beginning of the year, and it’s clear from the numbers below where all of the buying is taking place. Overall, the Active/Pending ratio is at the lowest point of the year.
Here’s a snapshot of the San Carlos market, as of 6/13. The previous week’s stats are in parentheses:
|Homes < $1M||26 (33)||27 (21)||0.97 : 1 (1.6 : 1)|
|Homes $1M –$1.5M||17(12)||10 (11)||1.7 : 1 (1.1 : 1)|
|Homes >$1.5M||11 (10)||2(2)||5.5 : 1 (5.0 : 1)|
|Total||54 (55)||39 (35)||1.4 : 1 (1.6 : 1)|
San Carlos Home Sales
Below are homes that sold this past week in San Carlos. Click on the respective addresses to get all the details.
- Pictured Above — Sale Price: $1,224,950. Original List Price: $1,224,950. Difference: $0 (0%) from original list. DOM: 51 Days under current MLS # 80915846. Listed by Donna Colangelo of Intero Real Estate Services.
- Sale Price: $1,025,000. Original List Price: $995,000. Difference: $30,000 (2.9%) above original list. DOM: 7 Days under current MLS # 80924710. Listed by Marc Romer of RE/MAX Today.
- Sale Price: $875,000. Original List Price: $943,000. Difference: $68,000 (7.2%) below original list. DOM: 14 Days under current MLS # 80925256. Listed by David Macdonald of David J. Macdonald Real Estate.
- Sale Price: $705,000. Original List Price: $749,000. Difference: $44,000 (5.9%) below original list. DOM: 48 Days under current MLS # 80915730. Listed by Peggy Ledoux of Cashin Company.
Homes Pending Sale in San Carlos
Here are some noteworthy pending sales from this week.
- 2024 Greenwood Ave went pending after only 1 day on the market
- 11 Gaylord Court went pending after only 2 days,
- 2025 Greenwood went pending after only 11 days,
- 112 Park went pending contract after 17 days,
- 1337 Cedar went pending after 25 days on the market.
New Listings in San Carlos
Below are the new listings that hit the market this past week in San Carlos. Click on the respective addresses to get all the details. (Note: If a generic map comes up instead of a property profile, it likely means that particular home is already Pending Sale. Click the link in the “Homes Pending Sale” section to check.)
- $2,950,000— 3BR/3.5BA, 4,199 sq ft on a 24,135 square foot lot. MLS# 80928436, listed by Wendi Selig of Coldwell Banker.
- $1,449,000— 3BR/2BA, 2,160 sq ft on a 7,440 square foot lot. MLS# 80928392, listed by Greg Booth of NetEquity.
- $1,295,000— 3BR/2.5BA, 1,910 sq ft on a 6,300 square foot lot. MLS# 80927703, listed by John Shroyer of RE/MAX Today.
- $1,198,000— 4BR/3.5BA, 2,861 sq ft on a 9,000 square foot lot. MLS# 80928565, listed by Terry Rice of Alain Pinel Realtors.
- $1,100,000— 4BR/2.5BA, 1,813 sq ft on a 4,400 square foot lot. MLS# 80928736, listed by Maxine Dumas of Dumas & Company.
- $1,095,000— 5BR/3BA, 2,090 sq ft on a 5,500 square foot lot. MLS# 80928536, listed by Melanie Smith of Coldwell Banker.
- $929,000— 2BR/1.5BA, 1,220 sq ft on a 4,560 square foot lot. MLS# 80928603, listed by David Young of Coldwell Banker. This one is already pending sale.
- $849,000— 3BR/2BA, 1,240 sq ft on a 5,398 square foot lot. MLS# 80928125, listed by Jeff Lamont of Coldwell Banker. This one is already pending sale.
(The “San Carlos Week in Review” series is a summary of new listings and home sales in San Carlos for the prior week, and an occasional podcast mixed in to keep things lively. Between the two, you should get a great idea of what happened last week in San Carlos real estate.)
Welcome to to the White Oaks Blog — the most widely read blog dedicated to the San Carlos real estate market! Have blog updates sent to you automatically by subscribing for free by clicking here. Be sure to follow the White Oaks Blog on Facebook at https://Facebook.com/WhiteOaksBlog , and on Twitter @WhiteOaksBlog.
Don’t miss a single update!