What Sold in San Carlos — The Week of 3/10/08.
March 16, 2008
Five homes sold this week in San Carlos. The featured home that is pictured above is 1915 Eucalyptus Ave. Whenever a home goes for sale on Eucalyptus, everyone takes notice. Aside from its alter-ego as Christmas Tree Lane, Eucalyptus is know throughout San Carlos as a very tightly-knit neighborhood that throws one of the best block parties in the city, and also has become THE place to trick or treat on Halloween. It's nearly-perfect central location, and the numerous meticulously remodeled homes that line the street make this one of the most sought after addresses in San Carlos. Here's the details of this sale, as well as the others that sold this week. Click on the address for more details:
- 1915 Eucalyptus Ave: Sale Price: $1,135,000. Original List Price: $959,000. Difference: a whopping +$176,000 over asking. This one seemed to be very under-priced at $542/sq foot, which is way below average in San Carlos, but it appears the strategy paid off handsomely. Days on Market: 13 days. MLS #778457, listed by Stephanie Russell, RE/MAX Today.
- 119 Oakview Drive: Sale Price: $972,000. Original List Price: $985,000. Difference: -$13,000 below asking. This one was taken off the market over the holidays, so the DOM figure is a bit deceiving. The second round turned out to be the charm, as it sold quickly after being re-listed. Days on Market: 87 days. MLS #763644, listed by Justine Ford, RE/MAX Today.
- 2622 Howard Ave: Sale Price: $1,400,000. Original List Price: $1,595,000. Difference: -$195,000 below asking. A Spanish Villa in San Carlos? Apparently so. The lure here was the very large 11,000+ square foot lot — but it wasn't enough to fetch the asking price though. DOM: 104 days. MLS # 760709, Listed by Plonneke Thoolen, Thoolen Paul.
- 210 Sycamore St.: Sale Price: $899,000. Original List Price: $899,000. Difference: $0. The second time around was a charm for this home, too — it fared far better when it was relisted this year. DOM: 10 Days. MLS #800083, listed by Julie Myers, Coldwell Banker.
- 176 Exeter Ave: Sale Price: $1,368,000. Original List Price: $1,527,800. Difference: an impressive +$159,800 over asking. DOM: 12 Days. MLS #778294, listed by David Young, Coldwell Banker.
Right now in the City of Good Living, there are 52 homes for sale, which is about normal for the peak real estate season.