What Sold, and What’s New in San Carlos — Week of 3/24/08
March 31, 2008
The pace of sales and new listings certainly kicked up a notch last week. For the second week in a row, more homes sold below asking than above. Of the eight homes that closed escrow this past week, two got above asking price, one sold at list, and five sold below. That's an interesting trend — we'll have to see if it continues. As always, click on the address for more details:
- 1912 Saint Francis Way: Sale Price: $1,400,000. Original List Price: $1,499,000. Difference: -$99,000 below list. Any home that goes on the market on Saint Francis Way draws lots of attention, and this was no exception. Saint Francis runs right through center of White Oaks, and is one of the most desirable streets in all of San Carlos. This is an unusually large, 2,430 square feet home on a lot that's nearly 7,300 square feet. Days on Market (DOM) — 28 Days. MLS #800103, listed by Justine Ford of RE/MAX Today.
- 742 Crestivew Dr: Sale Price: $2,450,000. Original List Price: $3,200,000. Difference: -$735,000 below list. This is a huge home on the canyon side of Crestview with impressive views of the mountains. DOM: 281 Days. MLS #731758 , listed by Sam Anagnostou of Anagnostou Properties.
- 130 Lynton Ave: Sale Price: $2,000,000. Original List Price: $2,195,000. Difference: -$195,000 below list. This is a BIG custom home up in Devonshire Canyon. Great views, and nicely finished. DOM: 27 Days. MLS #774701 , listed by Geoffrey Nelson of Cashin Company.
- 2884 Roland Ave: Sale Price: $1,665,000. Original List Price: $1,650,000. Difference: +$15,000 above list. A nicely remodeled home at the very top of Roland Ave, this one is on a huge 10k+ square foot lot that feels like a park in the back. DOM: 7 Days. MLS #779880 , listed by Melanie Smith of Coldwell Banker.
- 1021 Elm St: Sale Price: $1,325,000. Original List Price: $1,325,000. Sold at list price. DOM: 10 Days. MLS #780193 , listed by David Young of Coldwell Banker.
- 151 Wildwood Ave: Sale Price: $1,250,000. Original List Price: $1,189,000. Difference: +61,000 above list. DOM: 8 Days. MLS #780969 , listed by Joyce and Tatum, Intero Real Estate Services.
- 2540 Howard Ave: Sale Price: $810,000. Original List Price: $849,000. Difference: -$39,000 below list. DOM: 120 Days. MLS #754619 , listed by Claire Earley of Coldwell Banker.
- 1009 Walnut St: Sale Price: $829,000. Original List Price: $839,000. Difference: -$10,000 below list. DOM: 124 Days. MLS #777406 , listed by Genelia of Alain Pinel Realtors.
Here are the “new” listings that hit the market this week in San Carlos. There are a couple of second-rounders back on the market (33 Pine, and 328 De Anza) that are not included in this list.
- 1509 Belmont Ave: $839,000 — 2BR/1BA. 1110 sq ft on a 4,600 square foot lot. Pictured above, this home is also in a great White Oaks location. A big plus is the full-sized 2 car garage, which is a rarity with 2BR/1BA homes. MLS #786393, listed by Justine Ford of RE/MAX Today.
- 2912 Brittan Ave: $1,298,000 — 4BR/3.5BA. 2,150 sq ft on a large 9,600 square foot lot. MLS #786979, listed by John Shroyer of RE/MAX Today.
- 249 Garnet Ave: $1,259,000 — 3BR/2BA. 1,690 sq ft on a 5,720 square foot lot. Garnet is a great side-street in White Oaks. MLS #786369, listed by Peter Vece of Dumas & Company.
- 345 Dartmouth Ave: $1,189,000 — 4BR/3BA. 2,460 sq ft on a 6,720 square foot lot. MLS #787656, listed by Chris Frangos of Coldwell Banker.
- 2000 Howard Ave: $875,000 — 3BR/2BA. 1,480 sq ft on a 4,560 square foot lot. Great starter home potential for those who need that third bedroom. MLS #786373, listed by Vincent Cardinale of Intero.
- 2136 Greenwood Ave: $918,000 — 3BR/1BA. 1,220 sq ft on a 5,250 square foot lot. MLS #787443, listed by Cynthia Moscaret of Prudential California Realty.
- 1301 Cordilleras Ave: $879,000 — 3BR/1BA. 1,250 sq ft on a 4,850 square foot lot. MLS #787552, listed by Mark Scafine of SC Properties.