What Sold, and What’s New in San Carlos — Week of 4/27/08
May 4, 2008
New listings once again out-paced closed escrows this week, giving a boost to the available inventory. It's now up to about 60 active single family listings, which it hasn't been at for quite some time. As far as home sales are concerned, it was an interesting week — three of the “centurions” (homes that were on the market for 100 days or more) coincidentally closed escrow this week. It's a little odd seeing numbers like these in San Carlos, but it's normal in many other communities around the Bay Area. We have been riding a hot market for quite a while.
Check out the details — click on the property address for more info and photos…
- 1148 Elm St: (Pictured above) Sale Price: $1,415,000. Original List Price: $1,399,888. Difference: $15,112 over asking. DOM: 8 Days. I'm not surprised this one sold as quickly as it did — it's a sleeper from the outside, which belies the fantastic remodel on the inside. MLS #785769, listed by Steve Eldridge of RE/MAX Today (nice job, Steve.)
- 1548 Howard Ave: Sale Price: $918,000. Original List Price: $988,000. Difference: $80,000 below asking. DOM: 202 Days. MLS #750606, listed by Antonia Katila of RE/MAX Dolphin.
- 1509 Belmont Ave: Sale Price: $855,000. Original List Price: $839,000. Difference: $16,000 over asking. DOM: 9 Days. MLS #786393, listed by Justine Ford of RE/MAX Today
- 3 Plymouth Ave: Sale Price: $819,000. Original List Price: $849,000. Difference: $30,000 below asking. DOM: 166 Days. MLS #760010, listed by Mike Leyte-Vidal of LV Associates.
- 360 Ridge Rd: Sale Price: $605,000. Original List Price: $775,000. Difference: $170,000 below asking. DOM: 176 Days. MLS #754895, listed by Carrie and Grant DuBois of Coldwell Banker.
- 125 Coventry Ct: $1,899,000 — 3BR/2.5BA, 2,860 sq ft on a 10,004 square foot lot. This is a very nice little neighborhood at the very top of Crestview — it's on a block with Kent Avenue and Normandy Court, it comprises one of the few flat neighborhoods that far up in the hills. You get the best of both worlds — killer views and a flat yard. That's why you don't these go up for sale very often. MLS #805946, listed by Kathleen Areias of Cashin Company.
- 1083 Hewitt Dr: $1,199,998 — 3BR/2BA, 1,470 sq ft on a 12,740 square foot lot — another BIG lot by San Carlos standards. This one is described as “needing some work” in the MLS, so it will be interesting to see how much it needs. Stay tuned.. MLS #806341, listed by Julie Geyer of Carlmont Associates.
- 211 Lemoore Dr: $1,098,000 — 3BR/2BA, 1,740 sq ft on a 7,592 square foot lot. MLS #806003, listed by Cheri Cerna of Coldwell Banker.
- 12 Chilton Ave: $995,000 — 4BR/2BA, 1,910 sq ft on a 6,956 square foot lot. MLS #805671, listed by Joan La Macchia of RE/MAX Dolphin.
- 2630 Debbie Pl: $989,000 — 2BR/2BA, 1,550 sq ft on a 5,200 square foot lot. MLS #806101, listed by John Shroyer of RE/MAX Today.
- 65 Chestnut St: $929,000 — 3BR/2BA, 1,530 sq ft on a 9,296 square foot lot. (That's a big lot for San Carlos.) MLS #805686, listed by Alex Lehr of Lehr Real Estate.
- 812 Cordilleras Ave: $899,950 — 2BR/1BA, 1,530 sq ft on a 6,670 square foot lot. MLS #804965, listed by Warren Hohn of Prudential California Realty. Getting a case of deja vu on this one? You should be… it just sold a few months ago and it's back on the market again.
- 578 Cedar St: $879,950 — 2BR/2BA, 1,590 sq ft on a 6,500 square foot lot. MLS #805063, listed by John Reese of Intero Real Estate Services. Some interesting pictures on this one…
- 48 Bayport Ct: $879,000 — 3BR/2.5BA, 1,660 sq ft on a 5,400 square foot lot. MLS #805612, listed by Tony Gabb of RE/MAX Star Properties. No need to rush out and see this one — it's already “Sale Pending.”
- 30 Arundel Rd: (Pictured above.) $824,985 — 2BR/1BA, 980 sq ft on a 5,472 square foot lot. MLS #805991, listed by Bob Bredel of RE/MAX Today.
- 2716 San Carlos Ave: $724,900 — 1BR/1BA, 780 sq ft on a 5,160 square foot lot. MLS #804812, listed by Bob Bredel of RE/MAX Today.