What Sold, and What’s New in San Carlos: The Week of 5/18/08
May 25, 2008
It was definitely a mixed-bag this week in San Carlos. Some homes sold quickly, and above asking price. A few others languished for nearly a year and took steep discounts. In other words, it's a normal market for anywhere else. We just get accustomed to everything selling quickly here.
Some nice new listings hit the market this week, especially on Club and Wessex. Once the dust settled, the inventory for San Carlos single family residences finished at 60. Be sure to click on the addresses for more photos and info. Have a safe and pleasant Memorial Day Weekend!
- 325 Pearl Ave: (Pictured above.) Sale Price: $1,298,000. Original List Price: $1,298,000. Difference: $0. DOM: 28 Days. If you recall, this one sold previously late last summer. Back then, the big draw to this property was that it was a 7,000 square foot lot on a great street in White Oaks — the home was badly in need of an upgrade. The current sellers did a phenomenal job fixing this one up, both the house and the yard. Considering that they didn't tear it down to the ground, the transformation is stunning. MLS #784631, listed by Greg Celotti of Alain Pinel Realtors.
- 385 Devonshire Blvd: Sale Price: $1,375,000. Original List Price: $1,750,000. Difference: $375,000 below asking. DOM: 324 Days. This one gets the Patience award. MLS #728063, listed by Tom Stone of Coldwell Banker.
- 521 Vista Ave: Sale Price: $1,275,000. Original List Price: $1,299,000. Difference: $22,000 below asking. DOM: 18 Days. MLS #804401, listed by Geoffrey Nelson of Cashin Company.
- 119 Brook St: Sale Price: $930,000. Original List Price: $929,000. Difference: $1,000 over list. DOM: 8 Days. MLS #803101, listed by Randy Offenbach of Intero Real Estate Services.
- 812 Cordilleras Ave: Sale Price: $929,000. Original List Price: $899,500. Difference: $29,500 over list. DOM: 4 Days. Deja vu on this one? This is the second time this year that this house has sold. MLS #804965, listed by Warren Kohn of Prudential California Realty.
- 108 Ruby Ave: Sale Price: $912,000. Original List Price: $849,950. Difference: $62,050 over list. DOM: 6 Days. MLS #789331, listed by Maxine Dumas of Dumas & Company.
- 1125 Walnut St: Sale Price: $815,000. Original List Price: $825,000. Difference: $10,000 below asking. DOM: 39 Days (under the current MLS listing.) This home was actually off and on the market for total of 247 days, which generated some interest from the blog readers. MLS #783990, listed by Carrie and Grant DuBois of Coldwell Banker.
- 18 Club Dr: (Pictured Above) $1,845,000 — 4BR/3.5BA, 3,430 sq ft on a 10,020 square foot lot. MLS #810171, listed by Tom Khorram.
- 29 Elston Ct: $1,421,000 — 3BR/2BA, 2,020 sq ft on a 8,000 square foot lot. MLS #810515, listed by Claire Earley of Coldwell Banker.
- 61 Wessex Way: $1,198,000 — 3BR/2BA, 1,690 sq ft on a 8,700 square foot lot. MLS #809618, listed by Cheri Cerna of Coldwell Banker.
- 2765 Eaton Ave: $1,089,000 — 3BR/3BA, 2,240 sq ft on a 8,062 square foot lot. MLS #809715, listed by Gail Rossetti of Rossetti Realty.
- 1322 Rosewood Ave: $739,000 — 2BR/1BA, 1,020 sq ft on a 4,920 square foot lot. MLS #810615, listed by Rick Freedman of Intero Real Estate Services.